Enrollment for the 2018-19 Spelling Bee Season is open
Early Bird Enrollment is August 22, 2018 through October 15, 2018. The fee is $160 per school.
Regular Enrollment is October 16, 2018 through December 16, 2018. The fee is $235 per school.
Late Enrollment is available through January 30, 2019. If you do not want to offer late enrollment for your area you may opt out of late enrollment by contacting Haley Yeager via our contact form.
Schools may pay via credit card or check. To enroll, teachers or administrators may visit spellingbee.com and select the yellow Enrollment button in the upper right corner of our home page.
Rules for Local Spelling Bees updated for the 2018-2019 school year. These Rules also appear in the front section of each pronouncer guide published by the Scripps National Spelling Bee: the 2019 Classroom Pronouncer Guide, the 2019 School Pronouncer Guide, the 2019 District Pronouncer Guide and the 2019 Final Local Bee List.
In 2018, the County Spelling Bee was held at the Kane ROE on Wednesday, March 14th. Eight students competed to be crowned the champion of the Kane County Spelling Bee. Sponsored by the Dunham Fund and the Kane Excellence in Education Partnership, Pranav Kollu, winner of the regional bee, was flown to Washington D.C. to compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee on May 27th – June 1st, 2018. Learn more about his experience in this article.
The eight students that competed were:
- Nicholas DeLeon, Our Lady of Good Counsel, Aurora
- Benjamin Fender, Holy Cross Catholic School, Batavia
- Liza Kadyschuk, Thompson Middle School, St. Charles
- James Kennedy, St. Patrick Elementary School, St. Charles
- Pranav Kollu, Cambridge Lakes Charter School, Pingree Grove
- Shiv Patel, Hampshire Middle School, Hampshire
- Aaditya Sanghavi, Glenbrook Elementary School, Streamwood
- Grace Soh, Dundee Middle School, West Dundee
Thank you to our LOCAL sponsors that made this event possible: