The 2022 Kane County Student Photography Contest is a 9-week photography contest for high school students throughout Kane County. The contest will run from September 26th – November 21st.
The contest is a collaborative effort between the Kane County ROE and Kane Excellence in Education Partnership (KEEP), to recognize and celebrate the talent within the art departments in Kane County high schools. This includes the knowledge and support handed down by the instructors, as well as the creativity harnessed by students.
Each week, submitted photos will be reviewed by the Photography Review Committee at the ROE. The top 10 photos will be selected and published on the ROE’s website, www.KaneROE.org and on the ROE’s Facebook page.
How to participate: Each week, teachers will approve and submit their student’s photos into their respective Google Drive folder. Teachers are responsible for verifying the authenticity of their students’ work. Each photo needs to contain the following information to be considered:
• Photo title | Student Name | Grade | Medium – Example: nature_JohnSmith_senior_film
• ROE photo release form will be shared with weekly top 10 winners for photos to be used for ROE marketing needs.
Submissions are due on the Monday or first day of the school of each week at 3:30pm.
If you and your class are interested in participating, contact Kane ROE at (email@example.com) to have a Google Folder
for your class set up.
Submission Schedule and Theme:
• Week 1: September 26 – Nature/Landscape
• Week 2: October 3 – Architecture
• Week 3: October 11 (Due to holiday on Oct. 10) – Fall Fun
• Week 4 October 17 – Sport Photography
• Week 5: October 24 – Texture
• Week 6: October 31 – Editorial
• Week 7: November 7 – School Spirit
• Week 8: November 14 – Worms Eye or Birds Eye View
• Week 9: November 21 – Artist’s Choice
Photo Contest Reception
December 7th | 6pm
Batavia Fine Arts Center, 1250 W. Wilson St., Batavia
All photos featured in the contest will be displayed at the reception, and the top photo and student photographer from each week will be recognized and receive an award. The photography reception is also a fundraiser for KEEP, which funds the photo contest. There will be several donation opportunities to support scholarships, educational activities, and next year’s photo contest and reception.