About the Student Photography Contest
The 2023 Kane County Student Photography Contest is a 10-week photography contest for high school students throughout Kane County. The contest will run from September 18th – November 20th.
The goal of having this contest is to recognize and celebrate the talent within the art departments in Kane County high schools. This includes the knowledge and support handed down by instructors, as well as the creativity harnessed by students.
Each week, submitted photos will be reviewed by the Photography Review Committee at the ROE. The top 10 photos will be selected and published on the ROE’s website and social media pages.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Each week, teachers will approve and submit their student’s photos into their respective Google Drive folder. Teachers are responsible for verifying the authenticity of their students’ work. Each photo needs to contain the following information to be considered:
• Photo title | Student Name | Grade | Medium – Example: nature_JohnSmith_senior_film
• ROE photo release form will be shared with weekly top 10 winners for photos to be used for ROE marketing needs.
Submissions are due on the Monday or first day of the school of each week at 3:30pm.
If you and your class are interested in participating, contact Kane ROE’S Communication & Website Coordinator Kourtney Lipps (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have a Google Folder for your class set up.
Submission Schedule and Theme:
• Week 1: September 18 – Kane County Pride
• Week 2: September 25 – Pop of Color
• Week 3: October 2 – Architecture
• Week 4: October 10 (Holiday Weekend) – Action & Adventure
• Week 5 October 16 – Emotion
• Week 6: October 23 – Flora & Fauna
• Week 7: October 30 – School Spirit
• Week 8: November 6 – Abstract
• Week 9: November 13 – Bird’s or Worm’s Eye View
• Week 10: November 20 – Artist’s Choice