Fingerprinting is performed by appointment on a live scan system, schedule your appointment below.
***ATTENTION! Fingerprinting is Limited at this Time***
In accordance with recommendations from the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Kane County Health Department, we are trying to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19. Because of this, Fingerprinting will be available on a limited basis by appointment ONLY.
Please do not hesitate to contact our main office at (630) 232-5955.
Appointments last 15 minutes.
- Please remember to bring a State or Federal photo ID. University or school IDs are not acceptable forms of identification.
- A Kane County ROE fingerprinting authorization form is required at the time of service.
- Substitute teachers, student teachers and concealed carry permit applicants will obtain forms at the ROE reception office.
- Background check results are typically processed in one week, but in rare cases can take as long as eight weeks.
- If your school district HR department has supplied a fingerprinting authorization form, please complete it and bring it to your appointment. If you are applying to be a Substitute or Student Teacher, you will pay a fee of $40 and receive the form at the ROE.
- Non-education fingerprinting (concealed carry permits, professional licensing, etc) costs $65 and is payable with cash or a credit card. Payment and paperwork will be completed in the ROE fingerprinting office.
- If you are being fingerprinted for non-education purposes, please contact our office at 630-232-5955 to ensure we can accommodate you. We are unable to fingerprint for some types of licenses and permits.