The 2022 Kane County Regional Office of Education (ROE) Student Photography Contest ended in celebration with a Photo Reception at the Batavia Fine Arts Centre on December 7th. The reception celebrated all of the high school photography participants’ artwork with the top weekly winners displayed on canvas prints that the student’s we able to take with them at the end of the evening.
Patricia Dal Santo, ROE Regional Superintendent commented during the reception “The arts, in all mediums, challenges everyone with different points of view and compels audiences to understand and reflect on the human condition. Art is impactful, it helps make sense of past and present events. Through art, we learn the aspects of life that were important and documented in that moment of time. I am proud and honor and recognize students tonight, who’s work stood out among so many photo entries.”
The weekly top nine winners are as follows:
- Week 1 – Nature/Landscape – Adara Nahornoff – Jacobs High School
- Week 2 – Architecture – Abby Carpenter – Central High School
- Week 3 – Fall Fun – Anna Olson – Central High School
- Week 4 – Sports Photography – Titus Lands – Jacobs High School
- Week 5 – Texture – Matthew Himani – East Aurora High School
- Week 6 – Editorial – Nick Jenco – St. Charles North High School
- Week 7 – School Spirit – Matthew Himani – East Aurora High School
- Week 8 – Worm’s Eye/Bird’s Eye – Hannah Srdanovich
- Week 9 – Artist Choice – Julia Wojtan – Bartlett High School
The photo contest helps to recognize and celebrate the talent within the art departments in Kane County high schools. This includes the knowledge and support handed down by the instructors, as well as the creativity harnessed by students. To learn more about the Kane County ROE student photography contest. visit https://kaneroe.org/student-photography-contest/.
Discover more about the Kane County ROE, visit www.kaneroe.org. Stay updated with Kane ROE and subscribe to the bi-weekly newsletter from the Kane ROE and follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Adara Nahornoff and Titus Lands from Jacobs High School pose with their first place awards.
- Abby Carpenter from Central High School proudly poses with her first place landscape photo.
- Matthew Himani, East Aurora High School and Pat Dal Santo, ROE Regional Superintendent post with Matthew’s two first place awards.