The Kane County Regional Office of Education is excited to present at the 2023 AESA Conference.
Taking Local Processes Statewide: Using Technology to Build Efficiency
The Kane County ROE converted our Health Life Safety, Compliance, Permit, Truancy, and Registration systems over the last several years from paper to web-based. By streamlining these systems we accomplish tasks such as consolidating forms, improving communication channels, and automating certain tasks. By developing more efficient systems and sharing statewide it allows offices to better serve its schools and districts while ensuring that all regulations are met. The development of these systems has led to significant improvements in efficiency and effectiveness, ultimately benefiting students, schools, and the community statewide.During this presentation the presenters will share the process to convert systems to web-based, the policies and procedures used, as well as the training and support structures developed for continual improvement and upgrades.
Indicators of Success:
- Identify systems in their own office they can share statewide and gain revenue
- Collaborate with other ESA’s to evaluate opportunities for technical efficiencies
- Understand support and security requirements to operate statewide
- Patricia Dal Santo, Regional Superintendent
- Deanna Oliver, Asst. Regional Superintendent
- Phil Morris, Director of Operations and Technology
- Katie Algrim, Director of Innovative Professional Learning
- Julie Hadjiev, Director of Finance